The long days of classes are over and it’s time for a summer job!
WHO’S IT FOR?
Do you live and breathe stand up paddleboarding? Did you have trouble landing a desk job because they saw a “SUP4LIFE” tattoo peeking out from under your collar?
Are you a revolutionary who believes we could bring about world peace if we could just get the president to spend 30 minutes a day working out his downward dog in a lagoon?
Does your heart burn for underprivileged children who might not get to grow up with a paddle in their hand, and a sturdy SUP under their feet?
Are you a social media genius? Does @Beyonce ask you to retweet her posts for visibility? Has the Smithsonian been in contact about mounting a special exhibition of your Instagram posts?
Have we got the summer job for you.
WHAT IT IS?
A 4-week road trip through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and California where you’ll get to use your very particular set of skills.
You’ll be piloting an RV packed with Jobe SUP gear along with one other contest winner (you can apply on your own, or as a duo). On the way, you’ll paddle some of the most beautiful water in the world, introduce a whole bunch of people to the greatest sport in the world (paddling, duh), help get donated SUPs to people who need them and share your experiences with legions of adoring online followers.
WHEN IS IT?
- Training & Preparation: Week of July 18, 2016
- Tour: July 25, 2016 through August 21, 2016
PERKS & BENNIES
You get paid! Plus a whole host of other perks like gratis Jobe gear, a daily stipend for your diet of locally sourced, organic yak-milk yogurt with goji-berry-infused granola, official “brand ambassador living the dream” status and more.
- $2,500 Stipend
- $50 for Organic Yak Milk, Etc., Per Diem
- Your Very Own Special Edition Jobe SUP Setup
- Spiffy Jobe Duds & Gear to Wear on Your Trip and Keep When You’re Done
- A Decked-Out RV to Drive, Eat, Sleep and Maybe Even Shower In During the Trip
- TBD Goodies from Tour Co-Sponsors
- Become a 21st Century Nomad in an RV Loaded with Jobe Gear for a Month
- Become a Jobe and Tour Co-Sponsor Product Guru
- Lead Newcomers to the Joy of SUP at about 15 Demo Events
- Experience the Best Paddling the West Has to Offer at about 15 Experiences
- Go to Beautiful Places
- Meet Wonderful People
- Probably Meet a Few Less-than-Wonderful People, Deal With Them Anyway
- Take Spectacular Photos and Videos Using Your Genius Artistic Skills
- Share Your Experiences with Legions of Adoring Online Admirers
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ANSWER YES TO BEFORE APPLYING
- Are You Available from July 1 through August 6 without Any Conflicts?
- Are You Willing to Spend ~5 Weeks in an RV, Driving Around the Left Half of the Country with your Co-Applicant (if you’re applying as a duo) or a Complete But Awesome Stranger (if you’re applying solo)?
- Are You Comfortable Driving an RV or Pickup Towing a Fifth Wheel?
- Are You Cool Leading Demo Events, Working with Local Jobe Dealers and SUP Clubs?
- Are You Down with Making Regular Social Media Updates, Blogging and Generally Sharing Your Experiences on the Internet Every Day During Your Trip?
- Are You an Experienced and Capable SUP’er?
- Are You Ready to Advocate for Safe Paddleboarding Practices, Like Wearing PFDs and Not Mixing Drinking & Paddling?
Said Yes to All Those? Apply Now!
WHERE WILL THE TOUR GO?
The tour will have stops in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and California. We’re still finalizing the itinerary.
CAN I APPLY WITH A FRIEND?
Yes! You can choose to apply with a friend or as an individual. If two individuals win the contest, they’ll be paired together for the tour.
WHAT WILL THE DEMO STOPS BE LIKE?
They’ll be chances for people who might not have experienced stand up paddleboarding before, to experience it for the first time, as well as for experienced stand up paddle boarders to try out new Jobe products.
You’ll set up the RV and demo tent at the event location, then spend a few hours introducing people to SUP.
We’re working to set up some demo stops with the help of local Jobe dealers, SUP clubs and other water sport associations, so you won’t be on your own at most stops.
WHAT WILL THE EXPERIENCES BE LIKE?
In between demo stops, you’ll be passing some beautiful places that need to be paddled. You and your co-ambassador will have the chance to stop, enjoy them, take some photos and share your experiences on social media.
HOW WILL YOU CHOOSE THE WINNERS?
We’ll choose the applicants who we feel best represent the Jobe brand and lifestyle, and who we think will have the best chance of pulling off a successful tour