The Howler Privateers program is back for 2016!
This year they have even more in store for the lucky winners. Dubbed by many as “the ultimate summer gig”, this endeavor will take you coast to coast, let you fish, swim, surf, hang out with friends new and old, shoot photos and video and fly your Howler flag high. As last year’s Privateers can attest, it is a full-time adventure. We are looking for a winning pair to come on board for the Summer as the second annual Howler Privateers. You’ll get to spend some time at Howler HQ in Austin, TX and then set sail in our deluxe Howler van visiting our retailers, running pop up shops, assisting at trade shows and heeding the call at various ports of call. You’ll get paid (a little) and learn (a lot). Half of it is work but you won’t notice because it will all be fun and an adventure.
Think this is for you? Want to know more? Then, consider these points below:
- We are looking for two people. Applicants MUST apply in pairs, know each other and have a history of getting along while spending time together in small spaces like vans and hotel rooms.
- Both applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a strong driving record and background. We are going to run all of these screens so please consider this before jumping in. Both applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age by June 1, 2016.
- You must be available and free to travel from June 5 – August 15. We know everyone has things going on so we will do our best to accommodate your trip back home to go to Cousin Lanny’s third wedding. BUT, generally, you must commit for this entire time period.
- We want self-starters and hard workers. This is FAR from a typical Summer gig at some investment firm, but you will not always have someone from Howler accompanying you, getting you out of bed and giving you instruction. You will often be in charge of moving from place to place, creating your own agenda and generating creative content from your adventures.
- We love people who are handy with cameras and video cameras and that are generally savvy on things like Go-Pro cameras, video editing, social media and the written word. We also like capable people who can do things like tie knots, change tires, sketch, hang banners, “MacGyver stuff”, and get barreled.
- We want professional and responsible people. You will represent Howler Brothers at events and trade shows, sell our goods, handle money and drive a van with our logo emblazoned on the side. Most of this will be fun but this is no boondoggle.
- This is a great way to build a creative resume of video, social media and digital content.
Still interested? If so, find your running mate, and EACH fill out the questionnaire linked below and submit no later than May 1st.