Argonaut Cycles – www.argonautcycles.com – The custom carbon experts at Argonaut are pleased to announce an updated version of their revered Disc Road Bike and will host a “Test Flight” in the San Francisco area. Each Argonaut road frame is built by hand in Oregon utilizing domestically sourced carbon, proprietary frame tooling while featuring an individual layup pattern and rider unique geometry.
From the time hydraulic disc brakes were first made widely available for road bikes in 2013, Argonaut has been working to refine the disc brake equipped road bike with one simple goal: to make it ride as well as its award-winning rim brake counterpart. Known to have better stopping power and modulation than rim brakes, the only downside was the added weight and awkward looking brake levers.
As the technology continued to improve, flat mount brakes and thru-axles have become the new standard, and with the introduction of Dura-Ace R9170, the weight penalty is now negligible. By refining layup patterns and optimizing the design for disc brakes, the Argonaut Road Disc bike has a superior ride quality years in the making. The benefit of rider tuned layup patterns is the ability to manipulate the material based on rider weight, power output and riding style.
Argonaut does not work on a cyclical product cycle, releasing new models each year. Every Argonaut produced is the best possible bike that could be built at that time. This update is the largest Ben Farver, owner of Argonaut has made to date, “Ride quality comes first, it is what Argonaut is all about. Providing our customers with a bike tailored perfectly for their needs is our goal for every bike that leaves the shop. Incorporating Mavic Speed Release, as well as redesigning our lay-up patterns to distribute braking stress were essential changes. The ride is sublime, we are finally able to combat weight and add to the overall ride experience”
- Improved tire clearance up to a 30c or 32mm wide tire at a 412mm chainstay length.
- Molded Carbon Dropouts with Mavic Speed Release thru axle (Front and Rear).
- Redesigned carbon lay-up’s to address disc brake specific stresses.
- Internal brake routing / internal Di2 E-tube wires and Junction box.
Complete Spec includes:
- Molded carbon dropouts with Mavic Speed Release rear thru-axle.
- Direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
- T47 bottom bracket and Chris King T47 24x or 30i threaded bottom bracket.
- Clearance for a 30c or 32mm wide tire.
- ENVE Road Disc Fork, flat mount disc caliper and Mavic Speed Release front axle.
- Dura-Ace Di2 Hydro Drivetrain.
- Full internal brake hose and Di2 wiring with internal handlebar Di2 Junction box.
- ENVE 3.4 disc wheels with Schwalbe Pro One 25c tubeless tires.
- ENVE Stem
- ENVE 27.2 Seatpost
- PRO Carbon handlebar with Di2 Wiring integration
- Complete bike weight is 15.7lbs with pedals and bottle cages (size 54).
Argonaut Test Flight Program:
Take a spin on our flagship steed, then get one of your own in the Queue. The Argonaut Test Flight Program is designed to give customers a chance to try an Argonaut in their size, and determine the ride quality and characteristics needed. Fittings will also be provided to ensure that the frame compliments the rider.
Argonaut will be hosting the first of many “Test Flights” near San Francisco, so potential owners can find out first hand what ride quality really means. Equipped with Dura-Ace Di2 Hydro components and ENVE 3.4 / Chris King disc wheels we encourage you to register for a 45-minute spin, and then have some one-on-one time to talk about the ride, and how Argonaut can make one tailored to you. Simply visit the Argonaut Flight Test page to reserve a spot and start your journey to owning the finest custom carbon fiber bike available.